Polarstars' Kythera Semi Auto Engine is for AEG Gearboxes. Its their newest edition and is a mechanical HPA system unlike anything else in the HPA Airsoft range! The system was designed as a mechanical system from the ground up and uses a realistic trigger mechanism which can be applied to single-shot, semi-automatic and fully-automatic systems.
The Kythera SA system installs into a standard gearbox as a single assembly and typically does not require any modification to the gearbox. There are no separate parts to install and the only parts needing to be retained from the gearbox is the trigger, spring guide, selector and safety components.
Kythera Velocity Adjustment Range
The Kythera has a wide operating pressure range of 60psi to 180psi which allows you to fine tune the velocity of the system and tailor for different requirements and applications. Within this pressure range we observed a muzzle velocity of 270 - 500fps w/ .20g using a 6.05x380mm barrel. This lets a single Kythera be used in any role ranging from CQB to Sniper by mainly just adjusting the input pressure from your air rig.
- Designed from the ground up as a high performance mechanical HPA system, not a modification of a solenoid operated design.
- Patent pending valve mechanism provides excellent efficiency and consistent velocity combined with a realistic trigger pull and reset.
- Completes a full shot cycle on the trigger pull alone which translates into consistent nozzle movement and rapid follow up shots.
- Adjustable trigger. Adjustments include: Weight, length of pull and over travel.
- Adjustable nozzle dwell/return speed.
- Wide operating pressure range of 60 to 180psi